Thursday 30 May 2013

Mini Albums, Part Two

On my last post I shared the first two mini albums I made recently.  Today I'd like to share the final two albums that I created using the beautiful and ornate Twiddleybitz chipboard album base.


For my third mini album I chose the My Minds Eye - The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell range.  This range lent itself to a city chic styled theme for the little window setting on the front page, and the album theme in general.

You might notice that I cut away the vines and some of the window structure from the window overlay, to keep a clean and simple look.  I then backed the window firstly with cardstock and then layered in some doilies as lace curtains.

You might just be able to notice the gorgeous Maya Road vintage trinkets on the very left spine of the album.


For each quote included in this album, on the opposite page I would feature a prominent word from the quote.  After some layering, I used my Cricut to die cut the appropriate word from vellum, creating a gentle, pretty effect.


I think I managed to include at least one doily on every page of this album!


The quote to match the 'beautiful' page is from Mother Teresa 'Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.'

I really enjoyed making this album, and the clean lines and simple structure are almost the polar opposite to the styling for the last album in the series, my "Abandoned Beach Shack" album.



I wanted to make my little beach shack pretty, rustic, wispy, flowery and shimmery.  I wanted it to feel like somewhere a mermaid would call home.  

There is no patterned paper used in this album at all.  The background is built up from layers of cardstock, flowers, gesso, ink, stitching, stamping, glimmer mist and glimmer glaze.


A tiny vial filled with sand and a pretty shell hang from the top binding ring, along with another Maya Road vintage trinket, and satin seam binding.

The shabby front window was altered by dampening the chipboard and distressing with a blade.  I was fairly heavy handed with the gesso, and added some Kindyglitz in the final layer for some sparkle.


Don't be afraid to cut down your chipboard pieces to use in smaller quantities.  I have used one large chipboard flourish and cut it into pieces so that I can use some on each page.


You can see the beautiful sheen left by the glimmer mist on this page.


Again, as in the previous album, I have pulled a single word from each quote to use as a feature.


There are so many shells glued into this album.  I needed to go back to the beach a few times to collect more!


This is probably my favourite album of the series.  I would have loved to keep it, but it was promised to a new owner.  I'll just have to make another like it for me!   


Thanks so much for sharing my mini album series with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment