Thursday 4 July 2013

Getting Inky with Mixed Media Cards

I had some spare time for a small project recently and grabbed my gesso and some mists and stamps to play with a couple of mixed media cards.




I keep an old novel at my scrap desk and tear pages from it now and again to use as my background paper, and that's where I started with this card.




You can pick out some of the layers here, the book page, textured gesso, stamping with various stamps,  inks and then adding some embellishments, chipboard and rub ons.


The second card was for my nephew who had his 15th birthday coming up.   Being a teenage boy's card, I wanted to create something a little grungy, but without being too dark.  It's still a birthday card after all right?  




I was too impatient to wait for gesso to dry on this project so I simply started with a plain grid patterned paper and went from there.  A few mists, some doodling, and stamping helped to bring the paper to life.




This closeup really picks up the shine from the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Black Magic).  So pretty.




The chipboard is "Chicken Mesh Wire" by Twiddleybitz.  I randomly snipped two pieces out and embossed with silver embossing powder to keep the metallic look, and then adhered it by stapling it with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher.

Even though I'm mostly a 'clean' project kind of girl, it's so much fun to get inky when I can!





No comments:

Post a Comment