Sunday 24 November 2013

Trying out Project Life

After having so much fun making this holiday album using pocket page scrapbooking, I thought I'd have a go at documenting our daily lives through Project Life.  

I wasn't sure how much of my crafting time I wanted to commit to this project, and reading other girls' blogs I noticed a trend that most people who document weekly spreads tend to fall behind at some time or other, and then get frustrated and disappointed that they can't keep up.  So I promised myself that there was no pressure & no rules.  If I miss documenting some time so be it.  

In keeping with the 'no pressure' promise I decided to start off with monthly recording.  Just one month at a time, and however many pages I ended up with was a-ok - no rules right?!  So here's my first ever real PL reveal.




I used the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection.  Some 12x12" papers and the 6x6" paper pad, some chipboard and die cuts and a few other bits and pieces.  Yes that is a real lace doily under the "little moments" die cut.  I had that in my stash thanks to a scrappy garage sale by the lovely Cathy Cafun.




I recorded our month in one double and one single page, and I'm really happy with that (no rules remember!).  




During this time we had Easter and Brent's 16th birthday.  I took a screenshot of and then printed a Facebook post Kayci left for her brother.  She had posted a photo of him from when he was playing U7 rugby with the sweetest birthday message for him.




I also recorded the erosion to our beaches we had been suffering over the summer cyclone season…and also the fact that our Cavaliers Rosie and Daisy really didn't mind - the exposed coffee rock makes for the perfect beach lookout!

And that's the month recorded.  So, after my first PL what did I think?  Adored it.  In fact I probably like PL just as much as traditional scrapbooking.  So glad I tried it out!  Have you tried your hand at Project Life yet?  Do you try to keep up with weekly spreads or are you happy to miss some if life gets too busy?





No comments:

Post a Comment