Saturday 7 December 2013

Heidi Swapp Make Pretty Stuff Downunder Tour - After Class Challenge

In the exciting whirlwind that was the Heidi Swapp Make Pretty Stuff Downunder Tour, I was lucky enough to be one of the group of ladies at the gorgeous Petrie School of Arts for the Brisbane leg of the tour on the 9th November.

It was a truly inspiring day, and such a treat to be taught classes by two so very talented ladies in Heidi Swapp and Kim Jeffress.

This is me with Heidi on the day.




Today I'm sharing my entry in Heidi's after class challenge.  A couple of days ago I realised just how close to Christmas we are, and how much I still need to do before the big day!   Being a list maker I went straight to one of my spare notebooks from Typo and made sections for our upcoming holiday, presents to buy, jobs that need doing before Christmas, and food that I need to plan for our guests' extended stay.  I really wanted to make it feel Christmassy though...  

If you've had an A5 spiral notebook from Typo you'll know that underneath the protective plastic cover the first page is a cardboard page with a pocket to slip little bits and pieces in.  My notebook had a black cardboard page, which worked really well with the chalkboard art theme in the Heidi Swapp 'Believe' collection.

I folded the plastic cover page to the back (because we are travelling away on our family holiday shortly, and I can fold it back over to protect my sequins and embellishments on the cover while it's in our suitcase), but if you prefer, you could trim the plastic cover off with scissors. 




I used my We R Memory Keepers file tab punch using different patterned papers from the collection to create tabs, and added labels from an old fashioned Dymo labeller.   The challenge was to use at least 5 items from the kits we were given on the day.  I used bits and pieces of patterned paper, one of the 3x4" filler cards and three items from the ephemera pack.

I love that my list-making can be so festive!  




Heidi was very generous with her gifts on the day, and we were all given the 12x12" "Believe" collection paper pad.  These are a couple of cards I made with some of this gorgeous product.



The Joy to the World bauble / tag was actually from a sheet of patterned paper.  You can see a glimpse of it here on Heidi's website.  I used a 2" circle punch to make my own Joy to the World embellishments.

How are you going with your Christmas countdown?  Maybe a festive little notebook will help get you in the spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment