Wednesday 23 July 2014

Live a Life Less Ordinary

I've really loved some of the collections that Kaisercraft have been releasing lately.  Bow & Arrow is one of their new releases and features lots of woodland patterns, woodgrain, arrows and feathers.

I combined this collection with a Pie Chart cut file from the Silhouette Store (design id #41038) and  pieced the patterned papers behind each of the pie pieces.  Once they were all in place I adhered the pie chart to my white cardstock and stitched around it a couple of times.


The front side of the Paper Sunrise patterned paper has feathers in different sizes and prints, and I've fussy cut some of those for the cluster to the side of my photo.


I've pulled a few embellishments from my stash to scatter around the layout, that cute heart paperclip is from Prima. 


For my title I have followed the line of the die cut with two alternating alphas.  Love the Basic Grey scrabble alphas!


You might remember that I really don't like handwriting my journalling, like, reaaallly don't like it.  I thought I'd give it a try again, you know, just so that it's my handwriting on a layout.  But I have to tell you this attempt has not changed my mind one little bit!  I'm definitely no Ali Edwards or Heidi Swapp in the handwriting department ha!  Then just a few Studio Calico stars and some splatters to finish.

This was my first time paper piecing and it was so much fun.  Have you tried it yet?

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment