Monday 9 March 2015

I Am.. Right Where I want to Be

Like so many of us I'm completely smitten with the I Am collection from Simple Stories.  Although I don't make many layouts about myself, there are so many positive phrases and adorable girly elements to the collection I thought it would be a great opportunity to document where I'm at right now.  With a few milestones like being 40 and having our youngest leave home for uni, it's kinda been a big year!  But really the title of the layout pretty much sums it up - I am right where I want to be.




I knew I wanted to go with a clean look to incorporate some of the beautiful frames in my layout. I placed four of the frames across my page, and then picked out chipboard elements and small phrases that reflected how I'm feeling about life right now to fill in the remainder of the layout.





I backed this frame with one of the 3x4 cards from the Journalling Card Elements paper.  To add an extra gold touch I hand stitched around the heart with some gold embroidery thread.  The tiny bow I cut on my Cameo (design id #44795).




To finish off the layout I created a flip up interactive element under the largest frame to house some hidden journalling.  I used a 3x4 journalling card and stitched it in place on my layout and also backed the frame with a chalkboard 3x4 card to keep it looking pretty when it's raised.  I love that the journalling card is a miniature clipboard!

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment