Tuesday 6 September 2016

Week 27.. Part 1!

It turns out that week 27 was a jam-packed week for us (aka our week long holiday in Queenstown, NZ).

So much so that I may have ended up with five.. (yes Five!) insert pages in my weekly spread.  And so here is part one of week 27.

This spread is using the July Pocket Life, Pattern Paper and Embellishment kits from Citrus Twist Kits.



I edited up a simple photo of a river with deciduous trees overhead and added a scripty quote overlay for one of my filler cards.

I've also used a couple of memorabilia pieces on this page, I cut the name of an awesome burger joint out of their menu and added it over a photo of a burger I bought from there.




I also pulled apart a serviette from a cookie shop so that it was one ply thick, tore around the edge of their logo, adhered it to a PL card and hand stitched with some embroidery thread.  I then added a little extra detail and a stamp, and ended up with a perfectly customised filler card!







Onto the second insert page  and I've trimmed a piece of cardstock to size and hole punched it rather than using a plastic insert.



The icy, frosty ground in the shadows around Queenstown totally intrigued me!  We definitely don't have anything like that here in sunny Queensland!






 




I pulled out my Epiphany Crafts round shape tool to create a home made flair from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Snip-Its pack.




Love how it turned out!




On the reverse side I created a little mini-layout.  This page is actually about 7.5" x 5".




And finally the last little insert (well in this instalment anyway) are these little 3 x 3 pockets.  




The heart card is another piece from the Snip-Its pack and I've used some metallic gold embroidery thread to stitch the design that was already printed on the card.  Cute right!?

Stay tuned for the second instalment of week 27, coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment