Friday 5 May 2017

Week 10

It was pretty refreshing in my week 9 spread to use some brights for a change, but all the same I'm super happy to be playing with the pretty pastels in the March Add On Kit from Citrus Twist Kits this week.







I have so much love for this patterned paper, it's called "Wildflowers" and is from Jen Hadfield's collection, Simple Life.  The front is the beautiful floral on off white, and the reverse is the off white polka dot on rose.  I'm literally using every.last.scrap!




To make this filler card I layered and stitched a contrasting piece of patterned paper over the base, then die cut a doily from white cardstock.  A few more layered ephemera pieces, some gold thread  and a wood veneer heart and I called it done.




That same patterned paper has teeny tiny sweet bicycles on the title strip.  I couldn't help but make my own little bicycle button by using a circle punch to punch out one of the bicycles, then topped it with some Glossy Accents to create a glossy button.  That made the perfect sized embellishment for one of my 3x4 cards this week!




These puffy Thickers and puffy stickers were perfect to layer straight on top of my photo.




I trimmed one of the stamps in the March Pocket Life kit down to fit on this label sticker.  Even though I've trimmed one of the words off the phrase, the remaining words "dreamer, thinker" still work with the photo of my daughter's pup's pensive gaze really well.

The weeks and months seem to be flying by, but it's kind of exciting seeing the pages starting to add up in my 2017 album.  I love watching my albums grow week by week.

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment