Thursday 11 May 2017

Week 11 for 2017

Sharing my week 11 today!  Playing again with the lovely March Pocket Life kit by Citrus Twist Kits and Pinkfresh Studio Dream On collection




This week we attended the Dance for Daniel ball in one of the beautiful city buildings in Brisbane. This ball is in honour of Daniel Morcombe and the foundation in his name.  The dress code each year is "red tie", because red is the colour shirt Daniel was wearing when he went missing.  Needless to say I wanted to include a photo from the ball in my weekly spread, but red didn't really fit with my colour palette.  So I just converted my photo to a black and white photo.




I used the clouds in the rainbow graphic on this background patterned paper as inspiration, and die-cut some clouds in cardstock.  I then embossed them with a polka dot embossing card.










I used the same technique on my right page with the embossed cardstock.  This time I hole punched a circle and embossed it, and then used that as a base for some ephemera pieces.  Both the buildings and tree pieces were cut down from larger pieces in the pack.

The journalling card on the right came pre-printed with the phrase "okay, I'll admit it".  I couldn't resist adding another stamp from the kit underneath that phrase, which reads "I run this show"!




I love these potted flower ephemera pieces in the Dream On collection!  Again I've just adhered this one on after running the card through my printer for the journalling.

And that's a wrap on week 11!

Thanks so much for stopping by today xx





No comments:

Post a Comment