Thursday 15 March 2018

Just a Little Bit Kitsch

I love it when you receive something a little bit out of the ordinary in a kit, something unexpected and fun, or even a little kitsch.

When I opened up my January Citrus Twist Kits pocket life kit it included a vintage novel page, but not only that, after playing with the kit I noticed the page was from a Nancy Drew novel!  I mean what girl growing up in the '80s didn't love Nancy Drew!




I've trimmed down some of the vintage page to layer into my title card.  I love that with just a few layers and some embroidery thread this card becomes a little whimsical.



Please excuse the close up photo of the Queensland prawns (shrimp for my US friends).  They're one of my favourite foods, and it was definitely worth documenting me combining my two forbidden food loves on a solo night recently when G was away, prawns and really spicy green curry.  The rest of my family just don't seem to appreciate them like I do.  Their loss I say ha!


This journalling card was already super cute, but I added a fussy cut house from the Crate Paper Good Vibes 6x6 papers and a cork heart, both included in the January kit.


I trimmed some white cardstock to the same shape as the morning routine tag and added some hand stitching in embroidery thread.


Gosh I'm a sucker for fussy cut pieces.  This is a fairly simple idea for creating your own journalling card.  Start with a 3x4 base of patterned paper, print or write your journalling on white cardstock at 2.5x3 inches, then adhere to the base and stitch around the edge of the white cardstock.  Then to add some interest either fussy cut a few small pieces from a patterned paper, use some stickers, or even a tag or two to add some interest at the bottom.

I had so much fun putting this spread together, and love that even though it has a few pops of bright colours it still has a feminine pastel feel overall.

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. I think this is so cute! I'm currently using Project Life to save memories from a holiday and getting lots of inspiration here. Thanks a bunch! Cheers, @KellyMadeIt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, PL is so fab for documenting holidays, it's my fave way to record them. I still have a few pages to get down from our December 2017 holiday, hopefully soon!

      Delete