Friday 27 April 2018

A Shaker Pocket Card with Clique Kits

Hi Friends!

Have you had a chance to check out the May Riga kit from Clique Kits yet?  Oh. My. Goodness, they are right up my alley with soo much rose gold and pretty pastels with navy and pops of coral, and of course gorgeous embellishments from Pink Fresh Studio!

Luckily for me my kit arrived just in time to create a card for a very special friend's 21st birthday.



This is a pretty simple card design but I love how it turned out.  I started with a base of patterned paper then cut a banner with some white cardstock from my stash.  To make my shaker pocket I diecut and layered two contrasting patterned papers to form the top border of the shaker pocket.  Then I just backed that with some plastic packaging from one of the products in the kit.

From there all you need to do to finish your shaker pocket is to run some dimensional adhesive behind the border and tip your sequins in (these gorgeous sequins came as part of the kit), before adhering to the back of the shaker element, in this case my white cardstock banner.


The sweet birdie just sits on the top of the clear plastic packaging.

To finish the card I pulled a couple more elements from the kit, the rose gold bakers twine and some ephemera pieces.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the May Riga kits from Clique Kits yet, drop by their shop today.  

Thanks for stopping by xo



No comments:

Post a Comment