Wednesday 18 April 2018

A Trio of Cards with A Star is Born

Do you have a performer in your midst that loves being on stage?  Or perhaps you a special gift for someone that is tickets to a movie, show or concert?

Today I've taken the A Star is Born collection by Traci Reed and made a trio of cards that would be perfect to accompany any good luck gift to a performer, or tickets to an event.



I know I've said this before but gosh I love how much sparkle Traci's been able to get into the
printable glitter papers in this collection.  They really do look like they're pure 3D glitter!  Obviously the gold is my favourite haha!


For the first card I started with a base layer of patterned paper, then used my WeRMemoryKeepers frame punch board to create a frame from a contrasting paper, which I backed with some white cardstock embossed through my Cuttlebug.

From there I just cut some star die cut pieces in coordinating colours and added a few of the stickers from the collection.  

This would be just perfect to pop tickets to an event into for one of your loved ones!



This is one.super.simple.card, but it has some beautiful bold and rich colours to it.  I've used the gorgeous navy/black and gold diamond paper for my background, which I've edged in a backstitch of gold embroidery thread.  

The main sentiment is one of the 3x4 cards from the collection, which I've run through my Cuttlebug with a circle die, and then layered with a larger circle in white cardstock and added some banners  in one of my (of course!) favourite gold glitter papers from the collection.


My final card is one that would be perfect to accompany a good luck gift to someone that had any kind of performance coming up.  I've started with the typewritten paper from the collection as a base, and then added the ruby polka dot paper for contrast, before (you guessed it!) a tag cut from the gold glitter paper.

I've popped one of the journalling tags from the sticker sheet behind the gold tag, and then layered a strip from the negative film paper towards the bottom of the card, and added some more sticker pieces, all topped off by a die cut bow (which I kind of  interpret as a bow tie!)

And that's my trio of cards!  Be sure to stop by Sweet Shoppe Designs to check out this versatile collection for any performers or show-themed projects you have.

Thanks for stopping by today xo





No comments:

Post a Comment